Big Bear Links
- Big Bear Road Conditions - The most direct route to Big Bear is Hwy 330 from the 210 Freeway. It normally takes us 45 minutes from the 330/210 intersection to reach Waterview Cove; however on busy holidays or during winter storms that route can get congested; in that case using Hwy 38 from Redlands or Hwy 18 from Lucerne Valley ("the back way") can be quicker.
For current road conditions click on the links below:
- Pleasure Point Marina - A 10 minute walk from Waterview Cove, Pleasure Point Marina is on the lee side of the Waterview Peninsula making for optimal docking on breezy days. They have slips and every type of watercraft available for rent.
- Ice Skating - Big Bear has a new outdoor ice skating rink located in the village. Its open every day during the winter season
- Snow Summit Ski and Board Resort - Located 8 minutes from Waterview Cove, Snow Summit is linked to Bear Mountain with a free shuttle that runs every half hour so you can park at Snow Summit and ski/board both resorts with the same lift ticket.
- Boulder Bay Market & Boulder Bay Station - are two great little mountain markets located just a few minute walk from Waterview Cove where Blue Jay meets Big Bear Blvd. They are perfect for any last minute shopping needs or grabbing a quick bite to eat or a frozen treat.
- Some of our favorite restaurants / dessert places in Big Bear:
- Copper Q - for expressos, desserts, home made soups
- Sweet Basil Bistro - great romantic dinner spot
- Maggeo's - best family dining; pizza, pasta and more
- Amangelas - our favorite sandwich place
- North Pole Fudge & Ice Cream - the name speaks for itself
- Get the Burger - Quality burgers; wonderful 50's/mountain decor
- Azteca Grill - best Mexican restaurant in Big Bear (IMHO)
- North Shore Café - great little café in Fawnskin
- Big Bear Lake Brewing Co - Nice new microbrewery in the Villager
- 572 Social - Classy new spot with patio, bar, eclectic food
- Blanca & Pierre's - Nice breakfast spot you can walk to from our house
- Himalayan Restaurant - Nepalese / Indian food in Big Bear? Yes!
- Cable Wake Parks - Big Bear has TWO cable wake parks that allow you to wakeboard using a controlled pulley system. This is a great addition to Big Bear and offers wakeboarders of all levels a chance to wakeboard without having to rent or use a boat. One is located at Pleasure Point Marina, which is just a few minutes from Waterview Cove.
- Big Bear Zip Lines Located just across Big Bear Blvd off Mill Creek Road. Clip in and zip through the trees with great views of Big Bear Lake. We've tried it, it's a great afternoon outing.
- Alpine Slide Recreation Area - Located 3 minutes from Waterview Cove, the Alpine Slide Recreation area offers bobsled rides in the winter, water slides and go-karts in the summer.
- Action Tree Rope Climbing - Another new, great recreational addition to Big Bear Lake. Action will take you into the forest where they have setup equipment to enable you to climb up to the tree canopy.
- Boulder Bay Park - This beautiful waterfront park is just a short stroll from Waterview Cove and has recently been nicely upgraded. Here's a nice article describing the park.
- Movie Theater - Big Bear has a wonderful small movie theater located minutes from Waterview Cove on Pine Knot Landing in the Village. It will remind you of the theaters you used to attend as a kid. Check here for listings, show times and discounts.
- Bowling - And a bowling alley also located in the Village - check here for information, discount coupons.
- Amusement Center - AND a Funplex Amusement Center with laser tag, bumper cars, even a mini roller coaster!
For more information contact Steve at Owner@waterviewbigbear.com